- CAUSE-NY enables and assists in the creation and growth of community-based initiatives and leadership trainings in the complex world of New York’s ‘New Diversity.'
- Empowers the communal leadership of NY's diverse communities
- Incubates initiatives to create leadership networks for solving common problems
- Informs and train decision-makers about the complex needs of the New Diversity
- Improves relationships in communities between the long-time and new residents
- Identifies, mentors and teaches emerging leaders of new community coalitions
Areas of Concentration
Community and Coalition Building
CAUSE-NY works with grassroots coalitions of neighborhood Jewish community organizations and other ethnic, civic and religious groups throughout the eight-county metropolitan area. The collaborations focus on such issues as: the provision of health care to all groups in a community in a culturally appropriate manner; issues of aging populations and neighborhood transitions; special outreach assistance programs for recent immigrants; and integration emigres into communities.
CAUSE-NY runs four programs geared towards training the next few generations of communal and civic leaders in New York. The programs range from high school students to current mid-level organizational professionals.
CAUSE-NY conducts three long-standing institutes to train and inform leaders of community organizations on a wide variety of topics.
CAUSE-NY proactively builds relationships between communities to quickly and effectively mitigate tensions when conflicts occur. The deep-rooted trust that we have built with many community leaders allows us to help communities take action and move quickly to resolve crises.